February 24, 2014

Famous Footwear

I wanted to get my son a pair of boots the other day.  He keeps wearing his Dad's around the house and my husband figured if we got him his own he wouldn't wear his anymore.  Little does he know.  So, off I went on my adventure to WalMart and of course they have no boots.  I really didn't want to make a big deal of this or spend a lot of money when Spring hopefully is right around the corner. 

I figured I could run into the Famous Footwear that was down the road from WalMart and if they didn't have anything then I was at a loss.  Of course I had both of the kids with me and it was torrential down pour and really cold so this really was not big on my list of things to do but I'm a good wife and mother!  Right? 

I knew it was probably going to be a nightmare but I really didn't' think I would have to apologize to the store clerk for my children's behavior.  Yup, I was that Mom with those kids, and you have to be careful when spanking your kids in public because you never know who is watching!

When we entered the store you would have thought that I had two dogs that were being let off their leashes for the first time and they wanted to sniff everyone's butts.  Not really but you get the idea with two crazy dogs.  My son went crazy and was running around like a lunatic and jumping on the benches like he was performing some grand show at a gymnastics event.  My daughter was chasing him around and I know she was trying to do good but she actually just made my son more excited and made it worse.  People watching though wouldn't have thought that. 

I was trying to get my son's foot in a boot and it was not working for me so I asked the clerk for help.  She was the only clerk in the store of course.  Lucky for me there were only like two customers in the store and for some reason they really didn't stick around too long after my kids entered.  She measured his foot and gave me the size.  The boot I had was like two sizes under what she said but when you put it up to his foot it looked huge.  The clerk then informed me that I couldn't get the boot on because my son's foot was too wide for the boot.  Well that explained a lot and after thinking about it that is probably why I had so much trouble trying to get his foot into other boots.  Sorry.  So we found the right size and the right width for my son and lucky me the boot was on sale.

As I am cashing out I am apologizing for my kids and the clerk says, "It is ok.  I have a lot of patience with kids and I think they are fine.  If he was like 7 or 8 then I would have a problem."  I didn't really know what to say to that.  I am not sure if she was saying they weren't that bad or if she was saying, you can get away with it now but not for long.  While I was paying my daughter was trying to catch my son and bring him to me which didn't really work out.  I got through paying and saying my Sorry's and Thank You's and I asked my daughter where she was.  This was her response:

I'M OVER BY THE SHOES.

That is no joke either.  We are in a shoe store and I ask wear my daughter is (who is with my wild son) and she tells me she is over by the shoes. 

I counted to three and then said, You are going to have to be more specific. 

I was so glad to get out of there.

No comments:

Post a Comment