September 11, 2013

What has this world come to?

So I know me and Lauren write blogs to make people laugh and tell our stupid stories but my next few blogs are going to be downers.  I have to get this off my chest because it is really bothering me.  I might make some people mad too but hey, that is what freedom of speech is for!

My daughter started kindergarten last week.  She is there all day long and takes the bus in the morning and the afternoon.  I cried my eyes out.  Not just because she is my oldest and this is the first time I have gone through something like this but because I am completely terrified for her.  Since when is it no ok that your child is not even safe in school anymore?  Since when has bullying and cyber bullying become so bad that we have to have shows about it?  Since when is it ok that I have to check a website regularly to see if there are any pedophiles that live in my area or the area of the school?

Let me tell you something.  The day I get a phone call telling me that my daughter's school was held hostage by a crazy gun person and several children and teacher's were killed....that SOB better kill himself for I will be killing him MYSELF.  And quite honestly I blame that psycho's parents.  There is something wrong if a kid shoots up an elementary school because he is mad at his mom.  Hello?  Did Momma not see any signs that the kid might need some help?  Maybe when your kid starts setting things on fire for no reason or starts torturing animals you might want to get them some help.  Also, spanking is not a bad thing.  Me and my brothers were spanked every time we deserved it and we turned out just fine.  I am married, have two children and my bachelor's degree in Marketing/Management, my younger brother is married and a Sheriff and my youngest brother just started his freshman year at Mount St. Vincent and was accepted into their nursing program.  So get over it.  My daughter has been spanked and I am sure my son will need one too.  A mother especially should know there child and you know when something is wrong and they need help.  Get it together people or stop having kids!

My daughter's good friend was choked by a younger boy the other day in school while standing in line waiting for the bus.  She actually had bruises on her neck.  Guess what?  That ever happens to my daughter I will be knocking on that parent's door and you better be ready.  Nobody messes with my kids.  I don't care if it is online or in school.  I will be coming for that child and that parent.  I already had to deal with a problem child in preschool.  My daughter didn't want to go to school because a boy was hitting her and saying bad words to her.  So, I wrote a note to the teacher and explained that my daughter had my permission to protect herself and if it didn't get taken care of I would take care of it myself.  My daughter never had a problem again.  I tell my daughter almost every day to never let any one touch her and she has my complete permission to fight back when necessary.  I know teachers don't always see or hear everything so I really don't put the blame on them, but it is just sad to have to think about stuff like that with 5 year olds.  Again, where are the parents?

One of my biggest fears in life is my children being molested or kidnapped.  I worry every day about it.  I watch movies and shows I probably shouldn't but I want to be as proactive as I can about things like that.  I regularly check the pedophile website so to speak and get alerts when one moves into the area.  As soon as my daughter was old enough she learned where her private parts were and no one was to touch them.  I remind her daily too.  I have my brother who is the Sheriff talk to her constantly as well.  She knows how to fight and scream if she needs and she knows to never leave anywhere especially school with anyone.  I tell her each and every day you are to get on the bus and you are to leave on the bus.  If there is a change I usually start letting her know way in advance.  I will do the same with my son.  It makes me so sick some of the things people do to children and most of the time they were molested at some point in their life as well.  There is no excuse but if the cycle could have been broken I bet there wouldn't be as many molesters or rapist out there today.  Again Parenting. 

Protect you children.  Be there for your children.  Look for signs that they need help.  Sometimes it is more than "just a phase".


Dana

No comments:

Post a Comment